Monday, January 4, 2010

2010


It's 2010! What does that mean? Ain't that a Roy Scheider movie? For a guy who was born at a time when men still wore fedoras, it's pretty strange. I can't believe it's been ten years since the year 2000! Y2k was a washout thank goodness, but a lotta bad shit did go down in those past ten years... Billy Joel could write another WE DIDN'T START THE FIRE song about them!
Most of us have been lucky enough to somehow make it to 2010 ( sadly a few did not.) I was once told "I was a man of the past and the present", I guess that's right. The future is "scary" and it only makes me "older" ... not crazy about that either.
But, I was fortunate enough to ring in New Years Eve with some dear friends (I'm the cat in the Stewart Granger safari jacket) and even lucky enough to kiss a beautiful woman at midnight... what could be better than that? So 2010, I say; if you can't get out of it... get into it! I wish us all well, Robert De Niro had a great line in the movie, BRAZIL ( he played a swashbuckling plumber) "we're all in this together." Amen to that brother Bob.

No comments:

Post a Comment